Senior Chemical Engineer
$17000 - $200000 per annum, Benefits: Share Option package, plus Super Annuation
Eleven are delighted to be partnering a cutting-edge clean tech start-up, who are bringing their world-leading technology to the task of meeting the growing demand for clean energy and carbon-neutral fertilisers, in sustainable agriculture.
Their groundbreaking technology is being developed to manufacture carbon-free "Green Ammonia." This innovative technology has garnered recognition through publications in prestigious journals such as Science and Nature.
Having recently closed an investment round, the company are now looking to identify a Lead Chemical Engineer, with a passion for developing novel technologies, reporting directly to the CTO, as they look to move forward in the scale-up of their technology.
While this will be a hands-on technical position, developing Ammonia Production plants, from initial prototypes, through to pilot units and eventually commercial scale plants, this will also be a leadership position, leading a small but growing team of engineers to support with scale-up efforts.
For outstanding candidates based outside of Australia, keen on relocating and being part of their journey, full visa support and a relocation package would be offered.
- Leading the Chemical Process Integration team, which is tasked with designing and manufacturing the balance of plant for electrochemical ammonia systems from prototype scale to pilot projects and finally to commercial plants.
- Overseeing mass and energy balance calculations, process modelling & simulation, preparation of PFDs and P&IDs as well as associated data sheets, component and instrumentation lists.
- Interfacing with cell/stack design engineers to contribute to the design of electrochemical stacks and cells for robust ammonia production.
- Product improvements and innovations to improve overall process economics.
- Hold a BSc/BEng in Chemical Engineering.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably within a product development environment developing products from prototype to commercialisation.
- Experience in developing and validating products such as fuel cells, electrolysers, flow batteries or similar technology is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and electrochemistry, ideally with knowledge of ammonia chemistry including risks and safety aspects.
- Experience in modelling and design using simulation tools e.g., gPROMS or Aspen.
- A brilliant company culture that encourages initiative, collaboration, and positivity at work
- Recognition for delivering a new, world-leading, technology, to develop a world with cleaner energy.
- Competitive salary and equity package