Market Risk Manager
Finance and Risk
£90000 - £100000 per annum
Eleven are currently recruiting for a Market Risk Manager for an International Energy business for their Trading business based in London. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the market risk associated with physical crude oil and derivatives business of the company. Your expertise will be crucial in developing and implementing effective risk management strategies, monitoring market trends, analysing data, and providing insightful recommendations to senior management.
- Manage a team ensuring all risk and P&L reports are delivered to front office and management in timely manner
- Monitor market conditions and supply-demand dynamics to identify potential tail risks and assess the impact of market events and potential scenarios on the physical crude oil portfolio.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of market data, including historical prices, volatilities, and other relevant indicators.
- Conduct comprehensive pricing analysis, using various quantitative techniques, to assess the tail risk and economic valuation of different complex physical and derivatives transactions (Storage, Payment Quantities, Pricing Optionality etc.)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify, measure, and manage risk exposures across various business functions.
- Provide regular updates to senior management, highlighting market trends, risk exposures, and recommended actions.
- Participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives related to risk management, trading strategies and ETRM improvement.
- Support Back Office, Finance and Accounting on month end activities
- Extensive market risk or product control experience (6+ years) in commodity trading, with a specific focus on physical crude oil and derivatives market
- Strong understanding of global commodity markets, including pricing mechanisms, trading dynamics, and risk management practices.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, SQL with experience in implementing risk and pricing models.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data, identify patterns, and make data-driven recommendations.
- In-depth understanding of risk measurement techniques, including value at risk (VaR), stress testing, scenario analysis, and other advanced statistical methodologies.
- Familiarity with relevant risk management software and ETRM systems.