R&D Fluid Mechanics Engineer
Eleven are delighted to be partnering with a rapidly growing CleanTech start-up, who’s mission is accelerate the transition to Net-Zero, by developing a circular manufacturing process, with a principal focus to decarbonise the textiles industry, which is responsible for 4% of global emissions.
Their innovative manufacturing process consumes CO2 emitted by hard-to-abate industries, as feedstock to manufacture virgin synthetic fabrics, essentially enabling them to produce sustainable fabrics from thin air!
Having secured significant investment from leading European Venture Capitalists, the company are now expanding their European footprint by building their first manufacturing pilot line, as part of a European Union funded project.
To help support their scale-up efforts of their electrolyzer, they are now looking to identify a Fluid Mechanics R&D Engineer, to support the scale up of their electrolyser, at their research laboratory, close to Paris.
- Setting up and manage the stack electrolyzer technology from laboratory to pilot plant scale
- Conduct accurate Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis, both at component and system levels;
- Design and prototype electrolyzer components to validate numerical predictions
- Work closely with electrochemists and chemical engineers to evaluate and solve technical issues to ensure process efficiency
- Benchmark existing technologies and performed technical and economic analysis
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Fluid Mechanics engineer with a background in a relevent process engineering or electrolysis technology background
- Experience with at least one CFD code (e.g. Ansys Fluent, OpenFoam, PowerFlow)
- Strong knowledge of liquid/gas flow management, pumping devices, sensors and controllers
- Working experience in mechanical conception (CAD software such as SolidWorks, Catia, Fusion360….) and prototyping is required ;
What You Can Expect
- An opportunity to develop ground-breaking technology, with the potential to lead the way for decarbonising industry
- Working with likeminded, innovative individuals in a collaborative, dynamic start-up environment
- Competitive salary and package
- Potential for future stock options once proven in the role