Energy Trading & Shipping
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Naphtha Trader to join this fully integrated energy major based in their London office.
- Trading of physical oil products (naphtha and/or condensate) and associated derivatives;
- Managing price risk exposure on the trading book;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with trading counterparties;
- Negotiating term and spot contracts with producers, refiners and traders;
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the light oil products market and energy markets in general;
- Devising proprietary trading strategies, both on physical and derivatives;
- Liaise with Refining and Marketing to optimise the supply of feedstock and the sale of products;
- Liaise with Petrochemical to optimise the supply of feedstock and the sale of products;
- Liaise with Shipping for the chartering of shipping, on spot or term basis;
- Provide analytical assessments to support trading decisions.
- Coaching junior members of the team
- Preferred Educational Qualification is a Degree (with preference for numerate subject such as Engineering, Mathematics or Economics);
- More than 5 years of experience in supply and trading;
- Proven track record of delivery;
- Experience with derivative instruments for hedging;
- Knowledge of market fundamentals and market analysis;
- Experience of refining, petrochemical and upstream operations and processes considered as beneficial;
- Knowledge of IT standard software and software dedicated to the trading activities;
- Strong team player
- Courageous, confident, resilient, dynamic and disciplined;
- Experience in working in a global and international organization;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build effective relationships internally and externally;
- Full command of English language (written & spoken); knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.
For more information, please apply now.
+44 (0)7891 852 682