Principal Chemical Engineer
Market Leading salaries
Eleven are delighted to be partnering with a ground-breaking clean energy start-up, who are revolutionising fuel technology by cracking green ammonia, to achieve zero-carbon ammonia & hydrogen, for a range of industrial applications.
Their in-house catalyst chemistry offers better performance, while using materials 1000x cheaper than anything else presently on the market, offering cheaper, zero emission reactors that are significantly smaller and lighter than any existing products on the market.
Having recently received a significant amount of private equity investment, the business are now looking to build out their engineering capability, as they continue to scale their technology towards commercial application.
As such, they are now looking to identify an innovative, high-calibre Principal/ Lead level Chemical Engineer, who will take responsibility for the on-going development of catalysts and catalytic coatings used in the company products and programmes, while developing and managing relationships with company partners and contractors.
- Lead coating development activities to move catalysts from laboratory to product
- Preparing, presenting, and reporting technical work, including to partners, customers, and other external parties
- Develop and help operate a high-throughput catalyst characterisation rig
- Support the development of kinetic reaction tools/models within the company
- An experienced, degree qualified Chemical Engineer, with proven experience working with catalysts and catalytic coatings in an industrial R&D environment
- Excellent understanding of reaction kinetic theory and its application to applied systems.
- Well-versed in experimental chemistry rig design, program planning, design, and execution
- Knowledge of catalytic combustion processes and systems
- A willingness to challenge conventional thinking on, and propose alternative solutions for, known development tasks and issues
What you can expect
- A fast-paced environment, positioned on the cutting edge of technology development aimed at supporting rapid decarbonising of global maritime, aviation, and industrial activity.
- Being a part of an entrepreneurial, well financed start-up, at ground level, where you can make a real impact in the company’s journey
- Participation in the company share option scheme
- Industry leading salaries