Senior Embedded Engineer
We are working exclusively with an ambitious start up company based in San Francisco, California who specialize in Energy Storage Systems within backup and off grid telecom applications.
Our client delivers modern infrastructure solutions by designing and manufacturing software-enabled energy storage systems and energy-as-a-service solutions that ensure sites are powered without interruption.
We are looking to speak with a Senior Embedded Engineer who shares the same passion for green energy as our client. You will be responsible for commercializing their energy storage and data platforms along with scaling their ES solutions and cloud-based data services.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer. You'll ideally be needed on site but hybrid working could be negotiated.
- develop application code for 32-bit ARM® Cortex® processors
- develop bootloaders
- integrate and implement product requirements
- provide system-system interface using various protocols: ModBus, CAN and RS-232
- work closely with gateway/edge team to implement OTA update strategy
- work closely with hardware engineers to optimize performance
- use JIRA and bitbucket to track issues and develop collaboratively
- standardize, automate, and document development and production environments.
You must have:
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience Strong C/C++ experience for microcontrollers
- knowledge of interface protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, Modbus, etc.
- Python, Cython, GCC, Make and shell scripting experience
- multi-threaded processing, multi-processor communication and synchronization, task scheduling experience
- experience working with ARM® Cortex® processors (even better STM32)
- experience with battery systems and/or solar controllers
- experience developing and releasing firmware for safety-critical applications
- better-than-average knowledge of sensors, ADCs, DACs and ability to review electrical (PCB) schematics.
For further information please contact Georgia Williams (email@example.com) or apply above.