The London based execution team supports the commercial activities of the London and Singapore trading desks through the central execution of futures, and coordination of activities related to paper trading.
In detail, the position encompasses duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Manage futures orders originated from the trading desks for WTI, Brent, Heating Oil, RBOB, & Gasoil contracts on the ICE Futures Europe, ICE Futures US and NYMEX exchanges
- Execute market, TAS/MOC/MM, limit and other order types in a responsive and accurate manner
- Optimise the execution of trades through order aggregation, selection of platform/ broker and active management of the order queue.
- Manage orders to reduce slippage from target price
- Actively manage the company's execution platforms. Work with IT, risk and compliance to ensure a best-in-class technology suite to support financial trading. Propose and assist in new IT implementation projects
- Manage positions against exchange and regulated market position limits and coordinate with the trading desks
- Ensure that the paper trade execution is conducted in a manner that is compliant with all relevant regulations and risk parameters
- Interface with Compliance on a regular basis to highlight any issues and ensure that orders are in-line with the parameters set out for each originator
The ideal candidate needs to be:
- Organised and capable of managing multiple, fast-paced streams of information
- Accurate and diligent
- Willing to fail forward and quickly escalate and resolve issues
- Communicative and able to establish internal and external networks
You must have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a trading environment
- Direct exposure to trade execution in energy markets on ICE and NYMEX, preferable
- Familiarity with trade execution technology including platforms, clearing mechanisms and exchange infrastructure
For further information please contact Richard Tregarthen at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply above.