Senior Power Trader
Our client is a global group active across energy and a wide range of other industries. It creates value by staying a step ahead in dealing with changes and transcending existing frameworks as a way to help solve social issues. Within European gas and power, they have been successful in building its business trading across various gas markets including UK, Germany, Austria, etc. They have started power in the UK and are in the process of expanding the business further and therefore looking for highly experienced people to join the team.
The role reports to the Head of Trading and Origination. It requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual, able to think on their feet and to lead others; one who is able to work as part of a team of traders in developing and optimising around traded assets. You will bring with you a commercial acumen, analytical skills, and a real enthusiasm.
This role should appeal to an individual who is looking to provide creative solutions and play a key role in contributing towards the further development of the energy trading business.
- Trade European Power and spreads along the entire forward curve
- Be responsible for managing P&L - understand limits, continuously tracking, and mitigating, risks of positions
- Act as market interface for the power trading business
- Understand x-commodity, emissions and other market drivers to develop successful trading strategies
- Develop and apply trading and analytical tools, (use of Python desirable) to improve operation effectiveness
- Discuss positions, trading strategies and identify market opportunities to optimise across the portfolio
- Provide hedging/trading expertise to support the execution, implementation and optimisation of structured transactions
- Work with others within the group in setting up new markets.
You must have the following;
- MSc, preferably in a numerate discipline such as Engineering or Economics
- 3 + years’ experience in trading power, ideally with multi-year trading experience in the energy markets and a proven track record and financial performance
- Excellent understanding of the European energy market, its evolution and interaction across commodities/markets
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of Python
- Ability to work under pressure and to be decisive in managing stressful situations, such as unplanned events
- Experience in trading emissions is preferred
- Fluency in English is essential and the ability to speak another language is preferrable
Please contact Richard Tregarthen on +44 (0)7906 272 852 or apply here.